- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field;
- 5+ Years professional experience as a production database administrator 3 years on MySQL;
- Able to automate administrative tasks using scripting languages (Python, Shell, Ansible);
- Strong experience with load balancing and high volume, high availability environments;
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience related to mission critical backup and recovery;
- Linux administration, performance and filesystem tuning (Red Hat, Open Stack);
- Understanding of Docker, how it works, and implementing MySQL and MongoDB inside a container;
- Production experience implementing and managing replication;
- Intimate knowledge of MySQL and MongoDB architecture, best-practices for replication, security, high availability and tuning philosophies;
- Solid demonstrated SQL language skills for DDL and DML;
- Strong experience with implementing physical data models;
- Deep understanding of open source monitoring and alerting tools for MySQL and NoSQL platforms;
- Understanding of software development methodologies and coding standards;
- A burning desire to master new technologies and apply them to real world challenges.
Nice to have:
- Relational design, understand business requirements and perform data design reviews;
- Data migration ETL concepts, open source ETL tools;
- Working experience at a web or internet start-up experience;
- Knowledge of the real estate industry.
- Proactive identification, recommendation and completion of projects to improve stability;
- Excellent oral, written communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills, including the ability to influence others;
- Perform complete and partial database recovery procedures;
- Creating and enforcing internally published standards and adhering to them;
- Production on-call rotation duties – 1 week a month;
- Manage data backups and disaster recovery processes;
- Installing and upgrading MySQL in single and multiple datacenter scenarios;
- Automating the installation and monitoring of MySQL and NoSQL platforms using Docker and Ansible;
- Install, maintain and monitor NoSQL platforms (MongoDB, Cassandra or other open source platforms).
About the project:
CyberCraft on behalf of Silicon Valley based tech company is looking for a Senior Android Developer. Within this role you’ll work on building an online real estate platform. It’s a one-of-a-kind solution that lets people buy residential and real estate all over the world within minutes, and completely online. With almost $9 billion transacted in 2016 alone the platform used to facilitate the largestverified ecommerce transaction in history based on current Guinness World Records information: The $96 million sale of Manhattan Towers.