PikMe represents a cross-platform application with the game photo-contest logic under the hood. Social media engagement accomplished through PikMe allows amateur photographers to take advantage of their work, having up to a 50% chance of winning real money. By adopting the entry fees policy for those who want to be involved in the competition, PikMe intensifies competition and provides bigger payouts to winners.
The app involves two roles in the system – an admin and a user. You can register without adding a banking card and act as a user who can only swipe photos right or left. By swiping, you vote for or against the photo.
If you want to participate in the competition, you must link a bank card to the account. Stipe’s platform which is leveraged for payment integration charges transaction fees when the user replenishes the account and withdraws money.
Users who have a deposit in the system can take a photo, upload it, and choose the category in which they prefer to compete. All contests are displayed on the main screen. Users vote, and then the winner with a greater number of votes receives money transferred to the internal account. It’s easy to withdraw money back on the card and investigate the profiles and photo works of other users.
<Challenges> that was faced and overcame
- Ready-to-use platform with functionality going far beyond an MVP;
- Integration of secure payment;
- Bonus system implementation;
- Adoption of the marketplace to buy and sell photos;
- Forming the infrastructure suitable for further scaling, involving more users, sophisticated calculation of bonuses, and streamlined user registration.
Cases you <may like>